Thursday 30 April 2015

Eastern European Tour - Prague Vampire Laird For the Beyond Series

Prague
I travelled to this amazing city just before Christmas and as I was writing Demon Lupus at the time, it also felt so magical and mystical. The main square was decked out with a traditional European Christmas market, with handmade baubles and decorations, gifts housed in cute little wooden lodge type stalls. The aromas of smoked sausages and mulled wine wafted around the bustling market and in the centre was a beautiful winter wonderland nativity and ice skating rink. They really know how to make Christmas feel so cosy and wholesome here.



Surrounding the Square were cafĂ©’s, shops and restaurants and even in the bitter cold one could eat their famous goulash outside on the veranda and soak in the atmosphere with outdoor heater and soft fleece blankets to keep one warm.






I decided that culture was the name of this holiday and we attempted to soak up as much as I could so I attended an classical music recital in a beautiful old public building, complete with grand marble entrance and staircases and huge chandeliers. I also attended a puppet opera of Don Giovanni. Granted it was a puppet show, but it did play it true to the real opera and come on, puppet opera?! Who wouldn’t love it?




I ate at amazing restaurants like the Three Ostrich Feathers and I had the most amazing Ostrich dish ever in opulent surroundings. 











I tried absinthe for the first and only time because it made me feel very tired, but I’d never had it before and so it had to be tried in one of the backstreet absinthe bars. And I decided to dance the night away in a nightclub called Club Lavka, which I used as the name for the nightclub in the first Chapter of Vampire Sorceress 






We crossed Charles Bridge that Tom Cruise went running across in the opening scenes of Mission Impossible when he realised his team of spies had been compromised.








And best of all, I found the Natural History Museum in Wensless Lass Square and as soon as I walked into the criss-crossing staircase, I realised I was on the set of Mission Impossible again. This time it was the scene right at the beginning when Tom Cruise was disguised as some politician at dignitaries some party. I was very excited and the big kid I am I began running around, ducking and diving whilst singing the Mission Impossible theme tune.



Ah, happy days. And although I haven't written Prague into one of my  Books in The Beyond Series yet, I know I will eventually... Maybe in Lemurian Dimension Book 5 in the series...





No comments:

Post a Comment