Monday 6 October 2014

Promotional Work For The Beyond

So everyone thinks you can just write a book, because everyone's got a book in them, (apparently)!
But then you have to find an agent and publisher or if you're impatient you self publish. Which ever route to publication you choose, the writer now has to do their own promotional work too, (unless of course you're JK Rowling or Stephen King in which case you could write a sick note and you'd sell a trillion copies!).

So this year my husband and I decided to invest in a large motor-home and travel the UK for a whole year to see our great country and what it has to offer. Obviously we decided that we could use this time for me to write more, but also to promote my books (as I'm a modest gal who struggles to push herself forward, I was the shy kid sat at the back corner of the classroom at school, that sort of thing), which I'm not the best at.

So my wonderful hubby came up with this...

We are going to be doing book signings and scifi/fantasy convention along the way so I will be announcing these on facebook, twitter and here on my blog about our journey. I also have a Travelling Blog I write for the charities we are raising funds for as we journey around the country as well.

First confirmed date is  Em-Con 15th March 2015 and we will be in Whitby for Halloween (venue to be confirmed.

More promo piccy's to follow... Don't want to spoil you all at once, do I?
Oh if you want a signed copy of any of my books please go to My Website click on Contact Alison and we arrange for that to be sent to you.

If you see our van on the road, give us a wave or we'll see you at one f the many venues we'll be at this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment