Tuesday 30 September 2014

Super Sports Car Driving Experience

This had to be one of my great experiences and something ticked off my bucket list. My wonderful friends chipped in and bought me a three car driving experience day for my birthday. got to drive an Aston Martin DB9, Ferrari and Lamborghini.

About to drive the DB9, this was the first super car and it was such a shame because it turned out to be the nicest of the three and as I wasn't sure of the track or the fact that I hadn't driven something so fast before I was a little bit cautious. And you only get to go around the track twice. If I'd have gone around more than that I probably would've got past 6o miles an hour!!!

A Stig looky likey, for those wanting a photo opportunity!


The Lamborghini. I was looking forward to the most, after seeing those two gorgeous women drive one in "The Cannonball Run" when I was a kid, I'd always dreamed of owing one! But I was actually really disappointed, it wasn't smooth or sleek and I certainly didn't feel like the hot totty from the film. Maybe I'd built it up in my mind to be more than I thought it would be.

The Ferrari was actually a pleasing surprise. The oldest of all the cars I drove, and I thought this was very rickerty with a few cracks in the leather seats and I was like "god I'll have to get towed round by a horse!" But pleasantly it was the fastest and I actually got past 80mph on some parts of the track. (I know it prabably doesn't sound fast, but when you're driving a super car around tight bends it's pretty scary! Anyway the instructor said I was a natural and very good, so there.

Next dare devil experience, either flying a light aircarft or a glider!! Watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment