Thursday 16 July 2015

Minnesota - Minneapolis St Paul - Demon Werewolf The Beyond Series

Minnesota
At the other end of the Mississippi River is Twin City of Minneapolis St Paul. We stayed in Eden Prairie, a lovely leafy suburb of Minnesota. Close to a group of lakes it was very picturesque and I thought it amazing to finally make it to America, which had been my dream since I was a teenager still at school. We had to stop at Chicago airport, the windy city, and then catch an internal flight from there. The flight itself was a party as we got a little tipsy thanks to free booze on the plane and we met a like-minded family on the way to Nashville who had the same idea.


We went to fort… It was a fort… with battlements and other fort stuff! We did spend a day at the Mall Of America, the largest mall in the US and ate at Planet Hollywood and went on some of the fairground rides… yes, they had a a fairground in the Mall. We found a British pub owned by a guy from Manchester (close to my home town).





I ordered a BLT, which I never really had back home and it came with peanut butter on it. It was disgusting, but I genuinely thought that was how you ate them in America so I didn’t complain. Typical British stiff upper lip and don’t make a fuss!




We spent a day around one of the lakes and had a picnic, which was great. I love picnics. I also went skating on a pair of roller blades for the first time in my and got bitten to death by the famous mosquitos there then spent a couple of days sunbathing around the house we were staying at and I got stung by an American wasp.


I asked if they could take me to a traditional American bar/diner like they have in the movies and we met Chief Sitting Bulls Great Great Granddaughter called Trudi, and we enjoyed a tornado cocktail, karaoke and the most amazing gigantic pizza.







Naturally as guests there we were curiosities and were invited to numerous parties so my recollection of the rest of the holiday. Haha. This will show how long ago it was, You Oughta Know by Alanis Morrissette was number one while we were over there and it was played none stop on MTV.
The curious spoon and cherry sculpture.


 I loved this place though, because we saw a different part of America and way of life. It was far from touristy and we were made to feel welcome by the locals even in a small town in the lakeside country.




Which was why I thought Eden Prairie in Minnesota was a perfect location for a wolf pack to live in My Book Demon Lupus. Lots of forestry and wide open landscape, perfect for long runs and wolf hunts.








Visit Alison's Website

Purchase The Beyond Series Online







No comments:

Post a Comment