Tuesday 30 June 2015

Paris - City of Romance and Fascination For Witches and The Beyond Series

This is another great destination in Europe I wish to return to. I was only 20 when I came here and we did it on the cheap.  We stayed in a backstreet guest house hotel.  And in these type of accommodation no-one would speak English, even if they could. Inside though the décor was very lavish, lots of drapes and King Louis renaissance style furniture. Lovely! And no catering for international tastes, for breakfast you had a choice of Patisserie, Hot Chocolate or Coffee. French Breakfast or starve!





I didn’t mind though, I was in Paris and after being at school watching all the French exchange students come and go over the years, whom I was fascinated with – I love people watching and so was always curious and fascinated with French Exchange students when I was young so when I came to Paris and heard a city of them talking I was overjoyed, I could have sat in the cafes and museums all day long just listening and people watching. (Some say the art of a A Good Writer.




 We walked through the streets just soaking up the vibrant atmosphere and I just loved listening to them all talk, in streets, museums, cafes and restaurants. My travelling companion could speak some French and had visited Paris many times before so he showed me the sights as a professional. He knew the back door entrance to The Louvre so we didn’t have to queue up all around the Glass Pyramid like the rest of the tourists. So naturally we walked the opposite way through the Louvre to most other people, but I still got to see the Mona Lisa. Culture Vulture.



We walked to the Champ Elyse and then up the Eifel Tower which was exhilarating and fun. However, I wanted to Notre Dam and sail a Moulin Rouge boat down the river Seine. So naturally, I would like to return for that reason alone. It was also the first time I ever saw one of those human statue street artists, all painted like white marble! I remember almost jumping out of my skin when the thing move, much all the other tourists amusement.

Also back then I was a strict vegetarian and apparently the French don’t do Vegetarianism in restaurants. So I pretty much had to eat plates of over boiled vegetables, bread and cheese. Now I know French cuisine is superb as I’ve been to French restaurants here in the UK so I’m looking forward to experiencing amazing cuisine and more sightseeing that isn’t on the cheap next time.




One Day I plan to write Paris into my books... Perhaps not The Beyond Series as this is coming to a natural end and I only have one more book in me for the Epic journey of Galleano and The Daryavaush Paranormal Team, but you never know!

Visit Alison's Website

To Buy Alison Books Click Here





No comments:

Post a Comment