Monday 29 December 2014

Reflections 2014

Well 2014 has been an amazing fun packed year... In a nutshell with pictures:

 My hen weekend was spent with my amazing lady friends in a cottage in Portmadog, Wales... My second home. (I spent almost every summer holiday at a caravan park there when I was a child and I still love to go back there sporadically to reminisce and to draw some inspiration for my writing... Criccieth Castle is the base for my witches coven in The Beyond Series Books) if you are ever in that area I thoroughly recommend you go.

A friend couldn't make my hen do, so I went to Cambridge to spend this glorious weekend with her. My third home... I lived here for two years just before my teens and I loved it as I still do.

  My third book in The Beyond Series was published. I couldn't help but seize the opportunity to use the motorhome (Amethyst, named after my main character in the books.) to advertise the fact. Seems to be working, sold quite a few books on the back of that genius move... Thank you my brainy hubby and manager.




 I married my soul mate in the most beautiful setting of a country lodge chapel then sailed on the river Trent while we entertained our wedding guest on a chartered boat. It was everything I dreamed of and I felt a Princess in that dress! Best day ever.


Oh yes and we bought this motorhome to travel the UK in for a year. Four months in and still loving it.


  A trip to Brighton in the summer took us to the famous Lanes and the even more famous Choccy Woccy Doo Dah. They even have their very own witches kitchen display of Halloween cakes. Mmm lovely.


 Derek and I honeymooned in Cyprus and this was our balcony view on the shores of Paphos. Very beautiful and my fourth home! Spent the most adult holidays here, Derek surprised me with the honeymoon and weirdly my wedding dress was called (by the shop, not me) Paphos!!!



 Halloween at Whitby was a dream come true, We watched the Play Dracula at the famous and atmospheric Abbey.



I joined Lions International. It's great to be part of such a great organisation once more. We are now using our twelve months travelling the UK to raise some money for the lions charity organisation for more information please see my other blog penneysontour.blogspot.co.uk
My motorhome mascot Jess the Ness - bought as an engagement present from my hubby, he proposed on a boat on Loch Ness so this Christmas we went back and spent the holidays in The Highlands. For more info on our year long travel blog please see the link above.

I could have posted so many photos of Scotland. It's so beautiful, I've taken hundreds, but I think this one represents the stunning scenery perfectly. And we had snow for Christmas!! 
And so onto Edinburgh for Hogmanay. See you all in the New Year with more inspirations and adventures.
 XXX Happy New Year! XXX





No comments:

Post a Comment